Click map to enlarge.For Tue, 4/10 - MAJOR TEST - Ch 15: The Civil War
Study Tips for the Test
1. Textual material (you know, the words, sentences, and paragraphs) - You may make a prompt with 20 words from each of the three sections. This is a much more detailed chapter, so I'm letting you use 20 x 3 = 60 for this test.
2. Superlatives Handout - Click here if you need it.
3. Pictures - Be able to identify and discuss what's in each picture. Be able to relate pictures to one another.
4. Maps - Except for the map of the battles, you don't have to know the details of each map. Study the legend (key) to know what the colors mean. Notice patterns (e.g., in the map on p. 344, "Texas Counties Vote on Secession, 1861," notice the green counties opposing secession were mostly in the Hill Country west of Austin and San Antonio (which, incidentally, were heavily populated by recent German immigrants, including my Great-Great-Grandpappy Karbach, who lost his arm fighting in the Union Army to preserve the United States of America, ja wohl!!!) and in North Texas and one isolated county in East Texas. For the battles, study the maps on p. 356 & 361. Know the locations of the battles and what happened in each battle. I kind of see a matching question shaping up. I will not use the same letters as are found on p. 361.
5. Graph, p. 357 - Resources of the North and South in 1861 - Be able to discuss what this graph shows.
6. Documents - Causes of Secession packet, February 1861 - Study the 3-page document we analyzed in class and the two newspaper articles from the Austin American-Statesman on the causes of secession and Civil War. Did Texas secede mainly because of states' rights or slavery? Be able to state your thesis (main argument) and support it with logic and evidence. In case you don't have the 3-page document handy, it's here.
7. After I've finished writing the test, I'll post a section of it as I did on the Chapter 14 test. I'll try to have this posted here at the blog sometime Monday night. Okay, here it is, Monday night, and I'm ready with the SPECIAL SURPRISE SUPER-DUPER PREPARATION-FOR-TEST THINGY. Just click here and if all goes according to plan, ye shall have it. Good luck! Study well.
Study Tips for the Test
1. Textual material (you know, the words, sentences, and paragraphs) - You may make a prompt with 20 words from each of the three sections. This is a much more detailed chapter, so I'm letting you use 20 x 3 = 60 for this test.
2. Superlatives Handout - Click here if you need it.
3. Pictures - Be able to identify and discuss what's in each picture. Be able to relate pictures to one another.
4. Maps - Except for the map of the battles, you don't have to know the details of each map. Study the legend (key) to know what the colors mean. Notice patterns (e.g., in the map on p. 344, "Texas Counties Vote on Secession, 1861," notice the green counties opposing secession were mostly in the Hill Country west of Austin and San Antonio (which, incidentally, were heavily populated by recent German immigrants, including my Great-Great-Grandpappy Karbach, who lost his arm fighting in the Union Army to preserve the United States of America, ja wohl!!!) and in North Texas and one isolated county in East Texas. For the battles, study the maps on p. 356 & 361. Know the locations of the battles and what happened in each battle. I kind of see a matching question shaping up. I will not use the same letters as are found on p. 361.
5. Graph, p. 357 - Resources of the North and South in 1861 - Be able to discuss what this graph shows.
6. Documents - Causes of Secession packet, February 1861 - Study the 3-page document we analyzed in class and the two newspaper articles from the Austin American-Statesman on the causes of secession and Civil War. Did Texas secede mainly because of states' rights or slavery? Be able to state your thesis (main argument) and support it with logic and evidence. In case you don't have the 3-page document handy, it's here.
7. After I've finished writing the test, I'll post a section of it as I did on the Chapter 14 test. I'll try to have this posted here at the blog sometime Monday night. Okay, here it is, Monday night, and I'm ready with the SPECIAL SURPRISE SUPER-DUPER PREPARATION-FOR-TEST THINGY. Just click here and if all goes according to plan, ye shall have it. Good luck! Study well.
No comments:
Post a Comment