Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Civil War Battles in Texas

For Wed, 4/4
1. Read Ch 15/Sec 2: Texans Go to (Civil) War
2. Draw a map of Civil War Battles in Texas. Use the map on p. 356 as your guide. Write the battles in their correct locations. Out to the side of each battle, list the major facts about the battle. Use the textbook information and any other information you can find. You may add some of the other information from the p. 356 map for extra credit.
3. Come prepared to discuss: How important was Texas' contribution to the Confederacy.
4. By the way, you can click on the pictures and maps I put here on the blog, and they'll show up bigger. Go ahead, I dare ya!

For Thur, 4/5
1. MAJOR TEST - CH 15: THE CIVIL WAR - Study the textbook information, maps, pictures, and graph (p. 357). Ooh, look at that map on p. 361! Wouldn't that make a nice little matching question? Yesssssss, I think it would. Also, read back over the 3-page document on Texas Secession. I will give you a handout with the Superlatives on Wednesday.

No comments: